PLYMOUTH SWIM CLUB RULES
The following policies and rules are set forth by the Board of Directors, to ensure a clean, safe and orderly atmosphere of the Club so that you, your family, your guests, and your fellow members may enjoy the Club’s facilities to the fullest throughout the season. The Board reserves the right to make changes to these rules if changes are in the best interest of the safety of our members, staff, and guests. Further, the Club abides by PA Code, Title 28, chapter 18.2 Public Swimming and Bathing Places. Please refer to this website for the complete list of regulations.
- Members are responsible for the conduct and safety of their children and guests at all times.
- Per PA Department of Health guidelines, members and their guests who are exhibiting signs of illness or disease, with skin rashes or sores or with bandages should not enter the club. By entering the club, members and their guests are abiding by this regulation.
- Children between the ages of seven and fourteen must be accompanied by a responsible person. Children under seven years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- The normal club hours are 11:00 am to 8:30 pm, subject to the discretion of the Club’s managers and/or board of Directors. The pools close ½ hour earlier than the grounds. In August, the Club closes no later than sundown. All persons must leave the Club no later than 8:30 pm or ½ hour after the pools close, whichever is earlier.
- Any group activity of greater than twenty (20) non-members must be scheduled through the Club’s managers. Permission for such activity will be granted provided there are adequate available facilities on the requested day and time. This is requested to allow for the provision of adequate staff, safety, and facilities. These activities require an additional cost, please review this page (parties-at-the-pool) for more information.
- The Club managers have complete authority regarding the enforcement of all rules, policies, and use of the Club facilities. The managers are empowered by the By-Laws and Board of Directors to suspend Club privileges for up to seven (7) days for violation of any rules. An appeal of a manager’s decision may be made to any member of the Board of Directors who will contact the Club’s president and arrange for a hearing.
- A member may be suspended or expelled as set forth in the By-Laws for conduct unbecoming of a member or for conduct deemed not to be in the best interest of the Club.
- No member will be admitted without a membership being validated at the entry gate. Guests will be admitted only if the sponsoring member is present at the entry gate and a valid guest pass is presented.
- Trash and other waste materials must be put into the trash containers. Recyclables should be disposed of in the proper receptacle. Throwing trash into the pools or littering on Club grounds is strictly prohibited.
- No Club furniture may be moved from its assigned locations unless management approves.
- Cooking and grilling are limited to designated picnic areas only.
- Pets are prohibited on the Club grounds.
- Persons under the influence of intoxicants will be denied admission to the Club and/or removed from the Club grounds.
- Valuables should not be brought to the Club. The Club is not responsible for loss of or damage of personal property.
- Paging by Club staff is not permitted; it can be done only in case of an emergency.
- Membership is not transferable to another person. Such a transfer is considered a serious breach of Club rules. Members knowingly transferring their membership privileges to another person will be suspended for the season (no refund of membership dues will be provided) and denied all Club privileges.
- Members and guests are responsible to pay for Club property that they damage.
HEALTH and SAFETY
- All members and guests use the pool and Club facilities at their own risk.
- Per PA Department of Health guidelines, members and their guests who are exhibiting signs of illness should not enter the club. By entering the club, members and their guests are abiding by this regulation.
- Use of the baby pool is limited to children under the age of seven (7). All children using the baby pool must be under the direct supervision of an adult. Lifeguards have the authority to ask older children to leave the baby pool.
- Loitering and playing are prohibited in the clubhouse and bathrooms. Children under the age of seven (7) are not permitted in the bathrooms or locker rooms without a responsible adult.
- Running, wrestling, tag, ball playing, and rough play, are forbidden on the concrete decks bordering the pools.
- Pushing, rough play, or throwing anyone in the pools is prohibited.
- Only one person at a time is allowed on a diving board or diving board steps. Diving or swimming under the diving boards is prohibited. Divers must swim clear of the boards upon completion of their dive. The diving well must be entered from the boards only and exited via designated areas. Crossing into the lap lane from the diving well is prohibited. Upon the manager’s discretion the diving boards may be used during adult swims. One must always be forward-facing on the diving board ladders and boards. One only jumps or dives from the end of the board. Additionally, no flips or twists are allowed when diving or jumping off the diving board.
- Children under twelve (12) years of age must pass an annual proficiency test before they are allowed to use the diving boards. There will be $1.00 charge after taking and passing the diving board test. Upon passing the test they will be awarded a band to be worn at all times they are using the diving boards. The proficiency test will be scheduled with a manager or head lifeguard, and the decision is final. If a band is lost, there will be a $1.00 charge for a replacement.
- Diving is prohibited in the intermediate pool. Diving from the sides is prohibited in the diving pool, except in the diving well during free swim when approved by the lifeguard on duty.
- Flotation aids are prohibited in the deep pool except during adult swim. Inner tubes, face masks, snorkels, flippers, swimmies are prohibited in the diving pool, except for approved swimming aids used by lap lane swimmers. Inner tubes, face masks, snorkels, flippers, swimmies, and noodles may be used in the intermediate pool only with the permission of staff. Any children under seven (7) years of age must be accompanied by an adult when using any flotation device.
- Styrofoam products are prohibited in all pools.
- Eating, drinking, and gum chewing are not permitted on the pool decks. Smoking/vaping is prohibited at the club, in its facilities, and on the grounds except for in the designated smoking area (located in the parking lot).
- The pool decks must be kept clear of obstructions at all times.
- Breakable containers of any kind, including all glass (bottles, jars, jugs, mugs, cups, plates, bowls, etc.) are prohibited anywhere on the Club grounds including the picnic and snack bar areas. Metal or breakable plastic toys are not allowed in the pool areas.
- All injuries to a person on the Club grounds must be reported to the manager or First Aid Station/Lifeguard Office
- The lifeguards are present for your protection. Talking with the guards on duty or loitering at their stands are prohibited. If you have a question for a lifeguard, please ask a lifeguard in the First Aid Station/Lifeguard Office.
- Sitting is prohibited on pool ladders, steps, or indicated areas around the steps of the pools.
- Use of the lap lane is reserved for lap swimming only. Lap swimming is defined as completing continuously, a minimum of 4 lengths.
- Beach chairs must be stored neatly in the storage racks provided for that purpose by members before leaving the Club. Stored beach chairs are for the exclusive use of their owners. Any chairs left at the end of the season will be discarded one week after the Club closes
- All vehicles should be parked in an orderly manner and in line in the parking lot. The Club has an entrance driveway and an exit driveway to avoid accidents; members must use the proper driveway at all times. No vehicles are allowed to drive on the Club grounds without the manager’s permission. Only vehicles with State-issued handicapped license plates or handicapped mirror placards are permitted to park in designated handicapped parking spaces. Other vehicles parking in these spaces will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Electrical devices, including radios, CD players, and phone chargers, may not be connected to any club receptacle without the permission of the manager.
- Playing and loitering are prohibited in the parking areas. The use of skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, scooters, drones and other mechanical devices is not permitted on the Club grounds.
- Bathing suits are the only garments to be worn in the pools. Cutoffs, jogging or tennis shorts, T-shirts, etc. are not allowed to be worn in the pools.
- Children requiring diapers (not “potty trained”) are permitted in the baby and/or intermediate pool only when wearing an authentic swimsuit and swim diaper. No diapers of any kind are permitted in the diving pool.
- Children who cannot swim are not permitted in the deep pool unless accompanied by an adult and under the adult’s direct supervision at all times (within one (1) arm length).
- Only current Plymouth Swim Club lifeguards may wear guard (suits, shirts, hats, etc.) while on Club grounds.
- Picnic tables are available for the use of all members. One table will support ten (10) people. Individuals may not use more than one table until and unless ten (10) people per table are present. Courtesy and common sense are expected.
- Grilling is permitted only in the picnic area.
- The snack bar area, including the tables and chairs, is for the sole use of customers of the snack bar. Such facilities are not to be used for card playing or other non-food-related activities.
- There is no playing in or around the creek that runs through the Club grounds. This includes on, in, or around the various storm drains leading to the creek.
- No water pistols, super soakers, noodle water sprayers, or other similar types of mechanisms are permitted on the Club grounds.
- No weapons are permitted on the Club grounds.
- PSC has a policy that the pools and deck are closed for 30 minutes after the last thunder is heard by management. At these times, no one is permitted on the pool deck. For your safety during a storm, please move to your cars or the main building.
- Tents/umbrellas/canopies must be well-secured. Management reserves the right to ask members to take down tents/umbrellas/canopies in the event of high winds/storms or due to other safety-related concerns.
GUEST PASS RULES
- All guests must be accompanied by a member. Guests will be admitted only if the sponsoring member is present at the entry gate and a valid guest pass is presented. More than ten (10) guests requires advance notice to the Club managers of at least forty-eight (48) hours. This is required to allow for the provision of adequate safety and facilities.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- If the Club is closed due to rain before 3 pm., a rain check will be issued for guest passes used that day. No rainchecks will be issued after 3 pm or if the Club is not officially closed.
TENNIS COURT RULES
- Only Club members and their guests may use the tennis courts.
- Proper tennis attire must be worn. All players must wear tennis sneakers. Basketball, running, or other types of sneakers or shoes ruin the tennis court surface and are prohibited.
- Adult tennis members have first priority of the courts on weekends, and on weekdays after 5 pm. Child members may be using the courts during these periods only with the permission of the manager.
VOLLEYBALL/PICKLE BALL COURT RULES
- Adult members have priority in the courts on the weekends. Children members may play during these periods only with the consensus of the adult members on the court.
- The United States Volleyball Federation rules and USA Pickleball Association rules will be followed for all games between members to ensure the safety of all.
- Sneakers must be worn on the volleyball/pickleball courts.
- Spectators are not allowed on the asphalt surface.
- No roller blades, skateboards, bicycles, or other wheeled devices are allowed on the volleyball/pickleball court.
- No Baseball or any variation thereof, or any other game which requires running under or near the nets is allowed.